Friday, May 2, 2008

Grunthor is in bad shape

So last monday I took Grunthor out to the creek up above our house. It was a nice warm afternoon and I thought he would like to swim for a bit. So we were playing fetch and he was jumping in the water and having a great time. He droped the stick at my feet and I threw it again and noticed some blood on a rock. When he came back I saw that he had a really bad cut on his foot. A nice cut on the footpad on his back leg. Grunthor did not seem to notice much. He just wanted to keep playing. I never heard him yelp or anything, but he must have been cut on a shard of glass or something to cut his footpad that bad.

So the next day I took him to the vet and they had to knock him out and sew his foot up. Poor guy is in rough shape now, not only does he have to wear a halo collar for a few weeks he also has to have a nice pink bandage on his foot!

He was still a little loopy from being knocked out as you can see...

4 comments:

Ryann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kolt Time 71 said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! THAT IS SO STINKIN' FUNNY!!!! I DON'T BELIEVE IT! A HALO COLLAR AND A PINK BANDAGE!? WOW! YOUR PROBABLY NEXT DEVIN!!! LOL

Devin and Amber said...

you messing with me Kolton... You messing with me!!

Kolt Time 71 said...

Of course i'm messing with you! Gruther is a white flower with a big brown spot in the middle! LOL